Thursday, June 02, 2011

Lost a lot

Well, the diagnosis is complete. All of my computer files are in such a mess that they cannot be retrieved. Ouch! The doc is wiping everything off and starting all over. Gone are all of my files that have not been backed up in the past (and it's been over a year because I had a program that automatically backed-up; it failed also), all my Outlook contacts (no one's email addresses now), old correspondence saved to respond to, all future events on my calendar (I hope I don't miss something crucial), and a bunch of other things I have not thought of yet.

Here's the deal: no one is hurt and no one is dead. That's my mantra in times like these. Life goes on, and there are lots of blessings to count. One of the things that will be helpful in rebuilding life as I knew it is that I have moved a lot of stuff to web-based sites and the way communication has changed. I address that in This Post. I use Facebook a lot now and am using Twitter more, along with texting.

Today I am working at home, preparing a sermon on patience. Wow, what timing. I am multi-tasking as well. I am smoking meat for Rebecca's graduation party, which is right after graduation on Friday night. Last night during the awards ceremony it was revealed that Rebecca is the Salutatorian of her class. I think that means she stands up at graduation and, using a Hee Haw voice, says "Salute!" to the crowd.

OK, back to working on patience. I wish I would hurry up and get it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Rebecca!

Pat A