Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Moving Forward

Here we go! New week! Summer! I hope I can adjust quickly to the new schedules and atmosphere that the absence of school creates. Having to rebuild all my computer contacts and other things just adds to the newness of it all. I suppose if something like this has to happen, then this is a good time for it.

Yesterday morning I went out to my pond to watch the sun rise and to think through my sermon, which included a little whine about my computer problems. As I was thinking through the computer problem, I heard a bird in the tree above me tweet a tweet of relief. Splat! His relief manifested itself on my head and leg. I just laughed. What else you going to do?

We are a great weekend! It was tiring but very enjoyable. All of our kids were in to watch Rebecca graduate. As the Salutatorian she lead the packed gym in the Pledge of Allegiance. She did well - didn't mess up the words or anything! ha ha. She was nervous. Graduation went well, and it was followed by Rebecca's graduation party in our church gym. She and Melissa Wilson had a combined party with lots of food and people. It was a very pleasant experience.

Saturday and yesterday we enjoyed our children and attended several graduation open houses. It was all good! This week is going to be different. Today I, along with 2 comrades, are going on the radio to promote Help Build Hope, then a 5 mile run, then computer reconstruction, lunch meeting, help put up hay (square bales), followed by a bike ride. I had 125 bike miles last week. This week I need to find the time for a 75 mile ride. It will take about 5 hours.

OK, that's enough for now. I need to go eat breakfast and get going...

No comments: