Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Wednesday


Good morning! How are you today? Looks like the weather is about like it was went I went to bed, cloudy and in the low 30s. I heard a weather guy on a radio station say yesterday we might not see the sun until the weekend. This is not good for the SAD folks.

I had a good day yesterday, wall to wall. My best time for study and thinking is early in the morning, and presently I am preparing to speak a couple of weeks on the genealogy of Jesus. Scintillating stuff, right? Well, actually, I think it is pretty interesting!

That's how I started my day, and I ended my day with a good meeting, getting home around 9. Instead of working 9-5, I think I did 5-9. Of course there was some down time in there, but not much. There were some interesting things along the way. I was able to visit a guy who has been really sick, taking him a few hundred dollars we raised at the Give Thanks 4. He was tearfully grateful. We visited for a while and then prayed. He is doing well.

Lots of others things took place throughout the day, and then it was time for the Tuesday Night run. Eventually, maybe sooner rather than later, this will be called Tempo Tuesday. Dr. Lucky has visions of eventually doing 10 miles at a fast pace, which IronBird argues is more of a steady-state run. Semantics. Whatever it is, it will be a demanding workout, running miles around a 7 minute per mile pace, if I can handle it.

Last night 4 of us gathered--Dr. Lucky, The Bird, John He, and me--for what I thought was going to be an easy 5 miler. About 1.26 miles in (GPS! ha ha), the Bird stops us and says, "Aren't we going to do a hard mile?" I said, "No!" Dr. Lucky said something similar, I think, but said it low enough to not be heard.

A discussion took place, and result was we would run the first mile of our tempo course. I was concerned about it, because I have not run hard since January/February. I quickly stretched a bit. Bird's watched messed up, so he delayed, while Lucky, JohnHe, and me took off. The result: Bird - 6:20, Lucky & JohnHe - 7:07 (I think), and me? 7:27. Good enough for me! It's a start. Here is the overall run.

The conditions for the run last night: dark and damp. I could do without the darkness, but I really enjoy running in a very light mist. It was in the low 30s but not bad at all. It was an enjoyable time with good friends, just what I needed after a day of trafficking in a world of hurt.

Today is going to be a good and busy one! Thanks for stopping by!





No comments: