Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Tuesday

Look what Cora found!
Good morning! How are you today? Looks like a relatively mild start to a relatively mild day. Yesterday's continual drop in temps sure had the feel that we would be in the 20s or teens last night, but it stopped somewhere in the 30s. This is good!

I went out yesterday morning in the wind and the rain. My determination and discipline have arrived in time for December. November saw me, in some ways, let myself go. I had been working for about 2 years on Ironman. I wasn't totally focused or disciplined during those 2 years, but it was never far from my mind.

After Ironman was over I had to give myself permission to relax for a month, which I did. Honestly I don't feel good about much when I am not disciplined physically. It carries over into all areas of my life. December will see me eating better and training more. I am not going to be "all or nothing" about it, just a little more focused. For now.

A spring marathon, the thing I vowed I would not do, is going to be my focus. It's a risk, but the worse thing that can happen is it will be too hot and I won't be able to run it fast like I want. My thinking is Louisville and Boston -- qualify for Boston (2016) by running the Derby Festival Marathon. My running buddies, for the most part, are focused on this event, either the half or full. Training goes so much better when a group is working toward the same goal.

Yesterday was good. After the run, I did what I do all day. There were lots of interruptions, which are my ministry in lots of ways. I helped a few people along the way, working with people grieving and people struggling without enough, enough of lots of stuff.

Today should be another good day. I have several things I hope to accomplish along the way. Who knows what else will happen? It's always interesting. I am looking forward to the Tuesday Night (pre) Tempo Run at 5:15.

Have a good one!

No comments: