Friday, December 05, 2014

Friday


Good morning! Hey, it's Friday again, if that matters to you. I'm good with it, like all the days of the week. It's supposed to warm up, I hear. I have this crazy thought that perhaps, just maybe, I can ride my bike outside sometime soon. I am really missing the bike.

I could ride my old Softride bike on the trainer, but I don't really like riding inside, though I will have to at some point. I did make a move toward that this week. I took my trainer over to the Energy Lab, next to Dr. Lucky's office. I put my bike on it and have it almost ready to go. I need to hook up my Garmin GSC Sensor, pump up my tires, get my attitude right, and then I will be ready to go.

Yesterday was a good day. I got a lot of work done, preparing for Sunday, plus other stuff. I am working with a frail elderly couple. I've known them for a while, and I am concerned about them. They are poor and declining rapidly in physical and mental health. They have no phone, so yesterday I went and got a TracPhone, took it to them, and got it set-up. The problem is I don't think they will figure out how to use it. I have some professional folks coming in today to evaluate their situation.

This morning I am heading to Louisville. John He's brother died unexpectedly. I am going down for the funeral. John's a good guy and I am sorry he lost his brother.

Tomorrow is a busy, crazy, great day around the our church facilities. We have the famous ReGeneration Store Toy Sale going on. It's nuts but fun. We also are giving away coats to anyone who needs one. We have 100s of coats ready to go. We have lots and lots of wonderful people who make both events happen and bring honor to God.

I hope to squeeze a 7 mile run in in the morning before it all starts. I ran with Roy and Bill last night. It was pretty good. I worked hard to keep up with those two, which is what I want to do. I want to go fast again. It's all relative. I do want to work toward qualifying for the Boston Marathon.

OK, here we go...


No comments: