Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thursday


Good morning! I hope you are doing well today!

I took yesterday off from endurance athletics, so there is nothing there to report, except that I ate a lot of sweets. Again. Still. Drastic change coming in the next couple of weeks...

Today I take one of my buddies to get his license reinstated and insurance on a truck he bought. He saved up enough money to buy an old truck, so I am going to help him get legal with it. He has not asked for help, but I am concerned about the temptation to drive illegally. He's already done it. Working with guys like him, I am learning all kinds of things people do. Driving illegally is pretty common.

My plan is to get him legal and then join him in an AA meeting. He has the desire to go, he says, and I believe him. I really believe he is trying to get/stay on the right path. He lives a very lonely life and battles depression. It's a whole different world from the one I live in. Ironically, I suppose, after I help the guy this morning, a guy with a long "rap sheet," I'm having lunch with a police officer.

It should be another interesting day. The plan is to run from Parkview at 4:45, grab some supper, and then hopefully go to AA at 8. Between now and then, there will be lots of things happen. Some I will expect and some I won't.

Take care.

No comments: