Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday


Good morning!

It's Friday -- all day long!

I'm excited because Rebecca is home and Luke and Lydia are coming home tomorrow. It's going to be nice to have everyone in the area for the next few days. Merry Christmas indeed!

Yesterday turned out to be considerably different than planned. I did, as planned, take my friend to get his license reinstated. Once at the BMV in Paoli, we were informed the reinstatement had to be done online or by phone. I figured I had enough time to take him back to my office and take care of it.

While I was working on that, I got a text from my police officer friend, my lunch appointment, saying he had been up all night with a situation where someone had shot at the officers and an officer shot and killed the shooter. You can read about it in the papers. Since he had been up all night, he needed to cancel. No problem.

This allowed me to take my friend back to Paoli to get his license. Once there we found out the computer system would take a couple of days to show up the reinstatement payment. We struck out again. Oh well. We did stop to get him insurance for 6 months, and we ate lunch together. He is getting very close to be on the road legally. Patience.

I got a few other things done yesterday as well. Ben and I went to Bedford to run around 5 p.m. Ben was a bit nervous, since he has not run much. Turns out we had a good group, 8 in all. Larry M showed up, and when I saw him, I looked at Ben and said, "Ought oh," with a laugh. He knew it meant a speed increase.

We all were together for the first 3, at which point Ben began to fade. I fell back to keep him encouraged. The rest of the guys continued to run strong and faster. Ben did well and was encouraged when it was all over. Of course, since he is 19, he can/will improve very quickly, so I hope he will keep coming along. It's pretty neat to run with my sons. (Rebecca is training for a half marathon also!)

Tomorrow we run 8 at 8 in the 8-something minute per mile range. Today is a day full of a variety of things, so I best get going! Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: