Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tuesday

Good morning! So I am hearing there is another 2 hour delay. It seems our culture has gotten so soft. Everyone should be like the guy in the picture. Get out there and toughen up a little! C'mon man! Part of me would love to rant and rave about the softness of our culture and how people don't know how to work hard and handle adversity, but it would be an exercise of little value.

I guess one of the reasons I like endurance athletics is that it requires you to address the issues of your own softness. I am often exposed and then try to work through it. The guys I associate with are some of the most tough-minded people I know. They really help me, which in turn, helps me to better deal with all areas of life. Don't under estimate discipline in one area carrying over to other areas of your life. Start with one thing and let it move to others.

When my children were growing up I used to speak to them about a "wide range of comfort." This was usually spoken to a complaint about it being too hot or too cold or too something. My mini sermon was about trying to adapt/accept a wide range of temps (or whatever) instead being focused on 1 ideal temperature. You get the point, and I think it is an important one. If you have a wide range, then you will not complain (as much).

Yesterday was busy busy. There is a certain "hecticness" to my life right now. I am trying to figure out what it is and deal with it. It's not bad and I don't think I'm complaining--that's not my intent. There are a lot of little things that seem to pile up on each other. Probably nothing that a bunch of lists will not take care of -- ha ha. Really.

One of the things on the front burner is the Give Thanks 4 Road Race.  It's coming along really well. I think we will have our best race yet. Our preregistration is strong, as is our brand, I think. We work hard to create a good, fun, encouraging atmosphere. If you are on Facebook and have not yet, pleas go to our Give Thanks 4 page and "like" it. We put out good, helpful information daily.

Today is going to be good and busy one. I think I am going to Bloomington and Loogootee. Jet-setter, that's what I am. I will be looking forward to at run at 5:15 from Parkview. Hopefully I will not be alone.

Have a good 'un!

No comments: