Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday

Cora enjoying a cool Saturday
Monday morning! Good morning! Looks like there is a little snow on the ground. North Lawrence has pulled the 2 hour delay trigger, and I figure before I finish this, Mitchell will do the same. So it starts...

I don't have a lot to report this morning. I had a nice 4.87 mile run on Saturday. This is what Garmins measure the normal "5 mile" Hillcrest Circle/back run as. It has become a running joke (see what I did there?) between the neo-Luddites and those of who love our GPS devices. We are accused of being slaves to them etc., which is probably true - ha ha. Oh well, I caved and stopped short, figuring I would take one for the neo-Luddite team.

Two weeks past Ironman I am feeling pretty good. I have another couple of weeks of just doing what I feel like doing, and then I will develop a plan for something, depending on what race I choose to focus on. I like where I am right now. It's pretty relaxing, especially after a year+ of focused training.

Well, we do have the 2 hour delay, which doesn't affect me too much. Kedra, as a teacher, is of course affected, but I think she will probably go in at the regular time and take advantage of the extra time to prepare. I will probably go for a 5 mile run around daylight. It does not look too slick out there.

Overall the weekend was good and relaxing. After the run and breakfast at Golden Corral, I went home and worked on church stuff for a couple of hours. Then it was firewood time. I had put the completion of gathering my wood until after Ironman. I was fearful of getting hurt. This means I was a little behind, but I fixed that on Saturday. I worked for 3-4 hours - cutting, splitting, stacking. It is good cross training. I enjoy it. Sunday came and went and went well.

OK, I will let you get back to regular life. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: