Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday


Good morning! It's Wednesday, and it's going to be a really good day, I just know it! I hope you are doing well. We are going up and over the freezing mark today. This is some thing to be positive about, right? If it hits 40 today, we are going to feel like we have hit a heat wave. This is the good benefit of really cold weather really early in the winter. The relatively milder weather is going to feel really good.

Yesterday was a good day, and like most days, the things I planned and things that actually happened did not match. I know that going in everyday, so it does not bother me much at all. I just try to stay faithful in whatever I'm doing.

I forgot to tell something. Ben has been anticipating deer season for a little while. He has done the scouting and prepping necessary. Saturday was opening day of gun season, so he was out early. He did not get anything, so he went back out in the evening and, again, came home without getting one. Meanwhile my beautiful daughter called about 10:30 Saturday night to say she did get a deer. The problem with this is that she got the deer with her car. So she is now carless, as it sits in Rockport, IN awaiting the verdict from the insurance company. Thankfully Rebecca and her passenger, Melissa, were not hurt.

Last night three of us braved the elements for a little 5 mile run in Bedford. Bill, John, and I got it done. It was nothing spectacular, but we completed the course. Since all three of us are GPSsers, we did a true 5 mile run - ha ha. I am pleased with how I am progressing. I leaning hard toward doing the full marathon in Louisville, followed by the Terre Haute tri in May. These two events will keep me focused this winter, I think. I really want to restore my running, and doing a spring marathon should do the trick.

Today I am gong to rest from endurance work. Tomorrow at 4:45 John and I are planning to run. Bill may join also. Who else wants a Thursday evening run? We'll see...

No comments: