Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday


Good morning! It's Monday, and you know that's OK with me. It is a bit windy out there, so I need to watch for flying trash cans, etc. Really.

How was your weekend? I hope you enjoyed the mild temps. I found the warmth to be quite pleasant, after the really cold stuff last week.

Isn't is sad/bad I'm struggling to remember what I did Friday night - ha ha? I think we had a quiet evening at home. Yes, that's it, a quiet evening at home.

Saturday I had a nice run with 8 other guys. We are all still in the recovery stage from Ironman or from the Monumental Marathon, so everything is pretty relaxed and enjoyable. There is a lot of talk about what we are going to do in the Spring. It's looking like Louisville half marathon and full marathon are going to be the things we will focus on. I am thinking pretty hard about the full and trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon again. It would be for the 2016 race. We'll see.

I think after the event in Louisville, the next focus will be the Terre Haute triathlon. I am glad about this, because I need to go back over there and swim better. In fact, I need to ride better and run better also. I am pretty sure I can improve all three.

Saturday afternoon I got on my roof with leaf blower and cleaned my gutters. It is the best/easiest way to do the job. The only problem was frozen water in the north gutters. It was thawed enough I could grab it and pull it out. The upside was all the leaves were stuck in the ice. They came out easily with the string of ice.

Yesterday I did not speak, so I had a little extra time in the morning. I decided to take advantage of the time and the warm weather. I went out and ran the Give Thanks 4 course. That went pretty well, better than I expected. I like the course.

Speaking of the Give Thanks 4, we have 35 more preregistered people than last year! And we had 175 run the race last year, so I am hoping we go north of 200 runners, which is amazing. I think everything is coming together nicely for the race. I have to spend some time finalizing volunteers today and doing lots of final prep stuff.

Rebecca and Micah came home Saturday evening. They were on their way to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. It was nice to see them. I smoked chicken, brisket, and ribs for the nice meal we had Saturday evening. They left yesterday morning. I hope they keep an eye on the big winter storm heading their way.

OK, that's what I've got for this morning. Busy day/week ahead but a good one! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: