Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday


Good morning! It's Friday but I guess you already knew that. It's going to be a bit warmer today, which is a good thing. It is amazing, though, how quickly we (at least I) adapt to whatever the weather is. I found yesterday's 30 to feel quite OK, after the teens and twenties. This early cold snap, I think, will make the rest of the winter more manageable, at least our perception of cold. The problem, like last year, will be the duration, since we are starting so early. Oh well, enough weather philosophy.

Even though a bit sleep deprived from Wednesday night/Thursday morning's activities, I felt pretty good most of yesterday and got a fair amount accomplished. I did go see my friend and spent some time with him and his brother. I encouraged them to work on getting some transportation. They really need to be connected with church and with some of the four AA meetings we have in our church building. They desire both.

The day got better as it progressed. It ended with a good 5 mile run. Bill, Roy, John, Tim B. and I all ran, and since we all sport GPS watches, we ran a full 5 miles. We all knew it was the right thing to do, though Bill mildly chided us for something. I know that's hard to imagine, for those who know him - ha ha. I love my running buddies. The run felt really good last night. Running with friends has allowed me to speed up easily. I am really looking forward to working hard at running again.

The real highlight of the day was stopping by to see Cora. After the run, I went by there. Kedra, after a trip to Walmart, also came, so we had a nice little visit. Little Cora lights up my world. She is changing so quickly. Pure joy!

I have a funeral today. It's going to be easy and hard - easy because the lady was such a good one, hard because of the difficulty of saying good-bye for now. It's all going to be OK.

Tomorrow a run at 8 a.m.

No comments: