Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday a.m.

Running to the Light
Good morning! It's Monday, and that's OK with me. You? I actually like Mondays. It's the farthest away from Sunday, the only day of the week I work, which means I find Mondays pretty relaxing. Part of the last sentence was true. I am trying to find/establish a new routine post-Ironman training.

One of the things that suffered at the hands of hours and hours of training was reading. I have a soft goal of reading a book a week, soft because some books are short and some are long. I hope to average one a week. I am nowhere close this year, but I am working on reestablishing good reading habits.

I am also having to learn how relax and not feel like I have to be training all the time. Yesterday afternoon felt weird to me. Why? Because I didn't swim or ride. I was tempted to ride and even hinted I might, but I felt a tiredness and a lack of desire. Wisely, I think, I opted to take a nap and read some.

Today is going to be a busy one, but I hope to carve out an hour for a late afternoon bike ride. It could be the last outdoor ride for quite a while, maybe even this year. I have been working on switching my wheels out and generally cleaning my bike. I've moved it to the basement where it will live this winter. I am not going to ride nearly as much as last winter, outside or inside. My concentration is going to be swimming and running.

Speaking of running, I really enjoyed Saturday morning's 5 mile run. I got to run with some great friends, and then we ate breakfast together afterwards. I hope to run with the guys at least a couple of times a week, starting this week on Tuesday (5:15 at Parkview).

Hopefully today, or at least this week, I will have my Ironman Florida race report finished. Last week was short because we didn't get home until Monday evening, which compressed everything. I should have some time today and tomorrow to revisit it.

I hope your day and week go really well!


No comments: