Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tuesday

Ride Over - Ready to Run
Good morning! Another new day, another gift from God. Enjoy it! It's warm now and a bit windy, but that's OK. The cold snap will be OK too. It's a good thing the news people don't hype things up anymore. That was sarcasm, just in case you missed it. You'd think from the headlines that we were getting ready to have 20 below weather...

Yesterday sure was nice, even if it was a bit windy. I enjoyed yesterday and was able to spend some time outside. I helped our maintenance guy move a sign. I dug the post holes and helped get it reset. It was a nice break from my regular duties. Then we worked on the lights on our van and trailer. It provided the opportunity to soak up some sunshine in a sheltered area.

I need to get the van/trailer all working well, because I am planning a trip to Moline, IL in the near future to help our new associate minister move. We are eager for him to come. We can get quite a bit of stuff in the van and trailer. I am hoping Ben can go with me to help, and I am hoping we can do a quick visit to the John Deere attractions in Moline while there. We'll see how all that works out.

Yesterday was filled with all the usual Monday stuff--meetings, people stopping by, food pantry, visit to the ReGen Store, greeting the Preschoolers twice, phone calls, emails, etc.--all good things. As I mentioned yesterday, I did carve out time for an hour ride yesterday afternoon. I left Spring Mill Park and headed straight south into the wind, the strong wind. Wow, it reminded me of the Ironman bike ride. This one was considerably shorter. It was good to be out. I don't know how many more outdoor rides there will be.

Today I have a breakfast meeting, followed by a board meeting, followed by some study and research, followed by a visit to the Store, followed by the food pantry, followed by... I hope to end the day on the run at 5:15 from Parkview. The weather could be a little dicey, but I don't think it will be too bad.

Later today I hope to publish my Ironman report. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: