Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday

What can I say?
Good morning! Is it Wednesday already? I'm really far behind this week, due to funerals, and all that surrounds them, over the last couple of days. The days were emotionally taxing, difficult in some ways. I had trouble keeping my composure yesterday, which really surprised me. I guess it's the piling up of lots of things.

Luke and Rebecca came in yesterday for my uncle's funeral. It was so so nice to see them, even for a little while. They stayed here until about 5:30 yesterday before heading back to Nashville. It was Rebecca's 21st birthday. It was nice to see her on her special day. We joked about spending it at a funeral, but such is life. Luke and Rebecca were happy to get to see Cora Jane for just a little while at the graveside service and the meal that followed.

Rebecca and Luke left just in time for me to join up with my friends for a much needed ride. It's therapy, I'm telling you, a relief from all the stuff of real life. We headed out, knowing rain was possible, though it looked pretty good. We hit 337 and made the decision to press on to Washington county, though the sky was certainly more ominous than when we started.

I have improved my cycling this year, and so has everyone else. I got dropped pretty quickly heading out but pressed on, making the line just in time to line up. The wind popped me off about 6 miles in, but the group managed to get my back on.

We shortened our trip as the thunder and lightning got closer. We knew were going to get wet, and we did. I've been in worse. We experienced heavy rain, close lightning, deafening thunder, and brief hail, but we are men, not mice, so we carried on. Yes, we are also idiots. I'm ahead of you. The rain was a kind of cleansing for me. By the time we got back to church, the rain was light. After a quick dry-off, it was time to replenish at Wendy's, where we talked the Terra Haute tri.

Today is going to be another extremely busy one. I've got several extra things going on this week, and I hope to get those under control today, while catching up from the last couple of days. I've been around long enough to know this will all pass with easier days/weeks ahead. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: