Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday

Guess who turned 4 months old?


Rebecca with her favorite niece

Luke and an amused or bored Cora?
Good morning! Thursday, damp and cool. Remember a few days ago when you were tempted to complain about it being hot? Don't you wish for that now? The weather roller coaster continues to roll along.

I got an email from the Terre Haute tri director. Here is what he said about the water temp:

As of Saturday Hawthorn lake had a current temperature in the mid to high 60s. I will be measuring the temperature again tomorrow and will update you with the current temp. Regardless of the temperature the following rules will be in place for race day.

If the lake temperature is under 65 degrees wetsuits will be a requirement, if it is under 60 degrees the swim will be shortened to 400 meters, if the lake is under 55 degrees (I do not foresee this happening) then we will cancel the swim and will start the race from the bike in a time trial format with 1 cyclist starting every 5 seconds. The water temperature will be taken at 6:45 a.m. and the announcement will be made by 7:00 a.m. on which route we will take.


Should be an interesting day. The forecast for the air temp is right at 40 degrees for the start. You bike in the shorts and top you wear under your wetsuit, so that should make for a cool start to the ride. My buddies tell me you don't feel it once you get down and go.

My day started out with a little excitement yesterday. I had a meeting pretty early on, and on the way to it, I stopped to pick up a friend who was walking. As I stopped I noticed--and I am sharp like this--that my brake pedal just keep going toward the floor. The truck stopped but took a little while to do so. My brakes failed. Kedra and I are now carpooling for a little while.

Monday and Tuesday were a couple of the more emotionally taxing days I've had in a quite a while. I think lots of stuff I've been storing up decided to show up to add pressure. Anyway, the bright spot in all that was Luke and Rebecca coming home for the day, and, of course, little Cora Jane.

OK, I need to get everything done today. Tomorrow I need to take Kedra to Bloomington for some important career things for her, and then we will head on over to Terre Haute. As for Kedra, we would appreciate your prayers in regard to her finding a teaching job in our area.

No comments: