Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday


Good morning! This man always told his wife, "You complement me, you balance my life." When I was in Turkey, several years ago, I did see a lot of scenes similar to this one. There were lots of tractors used as family vehicles. I couldn't get any good photos, so you will just have to trust me.

Today I am headed to Jeffersonville, along with a large portion of my extended family, to attend a funeral for my uncle, Justin Roberts. After the funeral we all come back to Mitchell for the burial, followed by a meal.

Yesterday was similar to today's plan. I had a funeral in Shoals, followed by a good meal. It was a good day in lots of ways. I reconnected with lots of people who are very dear to me. All of it was/is pretty emotionally taxing.

I squeezed in a 5 mile run yesterday morning in the midst of preparing for the funeral. Actually running helps me sort a lot of things out in my mind, so I guess it was a part of the prep. I had hoped to get a ride in around supper time. The rain put a stop to that. I did get a mile in the pool after 8 p.m.

This evening we have our regular Tuesday evening ride. If the forecast is true, then it probably will not happen. We'll see.

OK, I need to get a bunch of things done in the next hour or so. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: