Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday


Good morning! It's another cool morning, but I heard the weather guy say this will be the coldest day of the next 7 days. It's getting better, and soon it will be hot. Please don't complain about it, when it arrives.

It was another good day on the planet yesterday. Life in the little city went pretty well. Somehow I am managing to knock things off my list that have been carried over for weeks. Each Sunday night or Monday morning, I look at last week's list and carry over the things I didn't get done. Some of those things are disappearing. For example, last night between supper and swimming, I was able to complete a set of simple bookshelves in the basement.

These bookshelves were in another room, a room claimed by Ben a few months ago as his bedroom. The shelves were taken down and the books piled in Luke's old room. By putting up the shelves and moving the books, I accomplished three things: 1) got the pile of shelves cleaned up, 2) got the books all cleaned up, and 3) and got bonus good husband points. I love it when a plan comes together.

Two weeks ago I constructed shelves in the storage room in the basement. These are the things I am knocking of my list, which feels good. I've got a few other things as well, church things that keep getting carried over, that are getting crossed off as well.

Last night I did get in the pool, for the second night in a row. It was a frustrating winter for swimming. The school cancellations, due to the weather, shut the pool down on a regular basis, so I probably only averaged 1 time a week. Now, at least for the last couple of weeks, I am managing 3 times a week, which is what I need.

I am about ready to try resuming running. I miss it a lot, but I want to be wise. I think the bike miles will fund the running pretty well, but, still, I need to run for various reasons. The Terra Haute tri is my focus right now. It has a 5 mile run at the end, which I can do. I just want to do it at a decent pace.

OK, lots going on today! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: