Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday

Cora and Ben hanging out
Good morning! What's this I see? 33? I loved 33 all fall, for that was Ben's football number, but I'm not crazy about the number on April 15th on my thermometer. Hey, it will be ok, though, won't it? Yes, it will. A couple of more days and we hit a streak of seasonable temps. Bring it.

Yesterday was a good day, a good Monday. I got a lot done, a lot that was on my list. You know me, being task/list oriented, it is always satisfying to cross things off. Sometimes if I do something that wasn't on my list, I will add it so I can cross it off. Some of you know what I am talking about; others are like, "You are so, so sick." Hey, I am honest.

I made some good progress in getting ready for Easter Sunday, and I also spent some time on Honduras stuff. I am not going to Honduras this summer. There are lots of reasons. We do have a team going, and they will do a good job of continuing our work there. I hope to go back in Feb and July of next year. We have lots of things going on here this year, including Ben's graduation and Luke's wedding.

Guess who showed up at my house around supper time? That's right, Cora! We had some major fun. She was 3 months old yesterday. She is starting to think about rolling over. She rolls to one side. I still turn to goo and get goofy when she's around. It's the craziest thing, but here's the thing, I don't care! ha ha

Kedra had 18 women to our house last night, which meant one thing for me: get out! ha ha Fortunately there was swimming last night, so I was able to go do something productive. I am very slow in the water, but the thing I have to focus on is this. Two years ago I couldn't make it across the pool without panic or some kind of assistance. My first official tri is coming up on May 17th. It is wetsuit legal, so I will have no problem. I will be slow, but I will get it done.

OK, got lots to do today, so I better get after it.

No comments: