Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday


Good morning! Looks like a really nice day ahead. Yesterday was pretty nice too, at least the sun was very warm.

I'm reading through the entire Bible this year, which is my usual practice. This year I am using a program that attempts to arrange the text in a chronological order. I am really enjoying it. For example, this morning's reading weaves together some of David and Saul's adventures with some of the Psalms David wrote about it. I am finding it very helpful. I am also reading from a different translation this year. That also keeps it a little fresher and less predictable.

Breaking News: Cora rolled from back to front yesterday! Hey, that's about as important as a lot of CNN's "Breaking News" of late. Anyway, she did it. She changes a little bit everyday.

I got a late afternoon ride in yesterday. Wow, it was tough going out. I went out to the county line, right into the southeast wind. It was actually more east than south. It was a nice ride on the way back. I had a good time trial workout and was pretty pleased with it. I hope to get another ride in this evening. Tomorrow I will try a short run. Saturday is a 100 mile ride.

Everything is coming together for Sunday. We have several unusual things planned for our assembly. All of them require extra work. We have lots of really good people who have stepped up to help out. I am very thankful.

No comments: