Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday


Good morning! It's Friday. How did it get here so quickly? It's going to be a nice day. I have a counseling appointment this morning, along with several things to do to get ready for Sunday. I am hoping I can get all that done by noon or so.

This afternoon I am going to fire up the smoker. My little girl is coming home, and she likes smoked chicken. Hey, I aim to please! While the smoker is doing its thing, I can work around the yard. I really need to work around the yard. The long winter was pretty hard on lots of things. It should be a very pleasant day to be outside.

Yesterday was good. I got a lot done. At the end of the day, I waited for Iron Bill to get out of school, get ready, and ride to Mitchell. I then joined him for the next 20 miles of his 40 mile ride. We had a nice time riding over to the Orleans area and back. I'm sitting on 70 miles for the week, so the 100 tomorrow will make for a nice total. It will be my second biggest week this year.

Last night I got in the pool and swam a mile. I'm seeing some improvement there. It's just a matter of keeping after it. Soon we will move to some open water swims, probably in 2 weeks. I would like to get 2-3 of those before heading to Terra Haute.

This morning I will resume running. I am going to ease into and hope it goes well. I have neglected stretching and really working to rehab my hamstring. Shame on me. I resolve to begin doing that.

My good buddy, Rand, is heading to Boston tomorrow. He is running the Boston Marathon on Monday. He's been a bit injured, but I am sure he will do well in spite of it. It's quite an experience, and this year, especially, will be amazing, after last year's problems. I wish him a wonderful experience! After Boston, he will be focused on Ironman Florida, along with a few others in the area.

OK, I need to get moving! Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your run goes well.
John H.