Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday


Good morning! It's a rainy Monday morning, but that's ok with me. There will be lots of people dragging around and complaining this morning, so why not make it your mission to cheer them up this morning?

Did you have a good weekend? I did but it was certainly different from a typical weekend for me. It was filled with all kinds of family events. These all came at the end of a rather busy week. I had a good trip to Nashville. I had a good meeting and got have dinner with a couple of good guys from Lipscomb. I bit the bullet and made the trip home after that. I didn't get sleepy, for which I was very thankful.

Friday was packed full of all kinds of things. I had to finish up sermon prep and finish getting ready for Luke's future in-laws to visit. At the end of the day, I did manage a 20+ mile ride with Lester. It's a good thing I got that in, because that was it for the entire weekend.

We had a nice meal Friday evening with the Buckleys and 3/4 of our children were present. Ben was out riding with a state trooper, working the Little 500. He had a great time, by the way. Saturday was filled with activity. We had a "man shower" for Luke Saturday morning. This is where he received manly things, things like tools and things to cook meat. It is the antithesis of a bridal shower. It was very nice.

After that some of us worked on the mounting a different projector for church. That was a bit of a challenge. Thankfully we were able to put engineer Luke to work yet again. We got all that done just in time for Lydia's bridal shower. Luke, and his future father-in-law, Mike, and I hung out for a while and got something to eat. Then all the prom stuff for Ben started to unfold. That lasted off and on until 8:30. That was the day.

Yesterday was busy also. I was going to ride with Jimmy but I couldn't make it. Probably the most significant thing this weekend, from a endurance athletic standpoint, was I ran 3 miles Saturday morning. It hurt but it was better. This week I will try run every other day and move on up a little, hopefully reaching 5 miles by the weekend.

OK, I need to get organized. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: