Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday


Good morning! Sorry about the picture, but I didn't have any fresh Cora pictures. I need to do something about that.

This week is moving too quickly! I am going to Nashville for a really long day tomorrow. I serve on an advisory board for the Hazelip School of Theology at Lipscomb University. Tomorrow we are meeting in the afternoon, having dinner, and then meeting some more. I am going to bite the bullet and drive home after that. Driving late at night is not my strength or favorite thing, but I need to be home on Friday.

We have a packed weekend. Luke is marrying Lydia on June 8th. This weekend there is a "man shower" for Luke on Saturday morning, where he will get manly gifts. Then there is a regular shower thing for Lydia later on Saturday. Lydia's parents are coming too, so we will spend time with them Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There is a lot of activity in all this, which is all good. It does mean I need to have everything ready for Sunday early, and a long trip to Nashville compresses everything a bit more.

Yesterday was good and busy. There were a variety of things going on, all the way from spending time with an engineer friend looking at our Store to spending time with a couple of fellow ministers talking about revival. Oh, I also drove a junior high track bus to Pekin.

There in Pekin I worked on my hamstrings. I tell you in all my years of running I've never had anything like these hamstrings. I managed to run 2 miles, but it was painful and ugly. I do think, however, near the end, things might have improved a bit? I am going back out this morning, in a few minutes, to give them another try. I stretched for about 30 minutes before running. I am thankful they do not hurt during riding (or swimming).

OK, lots to do and the clock is running. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: