Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday


Good morning! Wednesday it is. So I went with cow picture, resisting the urge to go with the camel/hump day picture. See, I do have some self-control. Speaking of self-control, I am involved in a 40 day, Lent-like, focus. One of the things I am fasting from is Facebook and Twitter. I still get messages on Facebook but am not looking at the news feed. I am really enjoying it, so maybe that's not much of a sacrifice.

Last night, 6 of us gathered at the Park for a Tuesday night ride. We are starting a couple of months early this year. This is due, in part, to no organized training for a spring half marathon, plus a lot of us are really focused on the bike portion of Ironman. The promised 60 degree, partly sunny day, never fully showed up, sadly.

When we gathered it was in the low 50s and a pile of leftover snow was still in the parking lot. It was not particularly encouraging. Up we dressed and off we went, fighting the wind to the county line. We lined up, with Iron Bill pulling most of the way. He and others were gracious to not drop me on the way out. We all made it and readied ourselves for the ride back, which would involve a nice tailwind.

Troy had already been out once, attempting to ascend to King of the Mountain on the Time Trial course. Bill knew this and decided he would go solo on the way back. Bottom line: Troy was KOM for a couple of hours before Bill bested him by 23 seconds. They both were moving fast, averaging better than 27 mph for 10 miles over rolling terrain. I managed better than 25, thanks to the wind and a line of good guys who kept me on. Here is my ride. It was a fun night, topped off by a visit to Wendy's  for food and stories.

I have a lot to do today, so I better get moving! Thanks for coming by.

No comments: