Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday

Amish Country Cyclists are always looking for more riders
Good morning! Is it really Thursday already? And finally Spring arrives, right? Midday or so. And for the next couple of days it will feel like Spring. I think we should just do the "one day at a time" thing. Yes, that's what we should do.

Last fall I committed to driving a bus to Indy today. At the time I committed, I remember thinking, "I wonder what will be going on that day?" Now I think I know. I will get a good run in, here soon. I will get my self organized for the trip, setting up my mobile office. It has a very distinct yellow exterior and lots of seats. 

I look back over the years of driving and I wonder how many books I've read, how many sermons I've prepared, and how much other stuff I've done while sitting on a bus. It is a lot. Today will just be more to add to the list.

My bike is in the shop for a little planned overhaul. It has about 5-6,000 miles on it, so it is time to get it all fixed up. I want it to be ready for my first 100 miler of the year on Monday. It is going to be a cold 100. The forecast for the Natchez Trace Trail: at the start it will be around 32 and the end will be about 52. Fortunately the wind forecast is from the NE and I am headed SW. This is a good thing.

The course is HILLY. Unfortunately I will end up at the same elevation as the start. After Alabama is starts descending. It will just get lots of ups and downs, which will be excellent training. This is going to be a pretty good and big challenge for me, a rider weak on the hills. It will make me stronger later on, which is what training is all about.

OK, I better get going... Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: