Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday

Clock change requires more coffee
Good morning! I hope you are doing well on this new day, and I hope you are adjusting to DST. It takes me a couple of days, so I am almost there. I see people whining and complaining about it, but that won't change a thing. I used do the same, but I decided to enjoy it. It's actually very helpful for evening bike rides. And we will do our first one this evening!

It was a good weekend. The weather was much milder. We are really enjoying days in the 50s and 60s. Can you imagine how we'll feel when it finally hits 70? Which could be tomorrow, maybe? Then...what's this I hear about Wednesday? Oh well, we will take one day at a time.

I took Friday afternoon off and got a 60 mile ride in. I was pretty pleased with it, since it is early in the season and I had headwind for several of the return miles. I am wanting to get stronger on the hills, so I chose to ride over to Hardinsburg, where I found some decent hills coming going.

I almost made a mistake with nutrition/hydration. I caught it just before bonking. Nutrition and hydration are things I must start working on. Clearly they are key for an endurance event. It's easy to ignore them on a 3-4 hour training ride, but I need to establish eating and drinking patterns for the longer rides.

This week is going to be a bit different, busy. I have a funeral today and then a graveside service tomorrow. I don't know person very well, one not at all, which makes it a little more challenging. There are a few other things that will make the week interesting and challenging. My job never ever is boring. Some days I wish it was. ha ha

I think I better get going. My run is really going to be in the dark this morning. Thanks for coming by.

No comments: