Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday

Karla and Marc
Good morning! How are you today? It's a bit cold and windy out there, but we are used to that. Right? Several of us who go to Honduras were saddened yesterday to learn Karla, a very vivacious girl of around 11, died yesterday. She developed severe headaches and passed into eternity.

I met Karl back in February of last year. She, like many in Honduras, grew up in a horrible, abusive situation. Marc and Terri took her in. She was incredibly friendly and outgoing. There are lots of people in Honduras and in this country feeling heavy-hearted this morning. Please pray for our family and friends in Honduras.

Yesterday was another good day on planet earth. I got a lot of things done and continue down various paths with various people, carefully walking into the future. There is a lot of pain in this world, but we have promises upon which we stand, allowing us to move through with peace and confidence.

After school yesterday I drove the 6th grade basketball team to Shawswick for a basketball tournament. I thought there was going to be one game, but there were two. I always take plenty of stuff to do, so I found a table and got quite a bit of work done.

I saw Jim P, one of the administrators of the school, and talked to him. He runs, so I know him from that. One time we were running and talking about basketball. Jim, who is quite tall, told of playing against Larry Bird in high school and actually shutting him down. Jim says Bird hates him to this day. ha ha

Over the years I have been told by various one, a significant number actually, that I looked like Jimmy Carter, you know, the president. This was back in the younger days. I've also been told several times that I look like Chuck Norris. So I've always taken these to mean that I am perceived as being really smart, powerful, and tough. Stop laughing.

Last night, one of the kids on the bus got my attention to tell me something. He said, and I quote, "You look like James Bond." I told him, that while I was not James Bond, I was a spy, and if I told him any more I would have to kill him. That pretty much ended the conversation. Sixth graders are easy.

OK, here we go. Hump day. Long day.

No comments: