Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday

Sweet Karla
Good morning! It's Thursday, the day after Wednesday, the day before Friday. Just thought you should know how clearly I can think. I told Kedra I slept hard but weird last night. I usually wake up quite alert and oriented, ready to go. Today was not like that. I had weird dreams last night but slept really hard between them. Some of my dreams involved Honduras, undoubtedly triggered by young Karla's death.

This is the winter that will not let go. I almost always mow my grass at some point in March. That's hard to imagine right now. I suppose it can still happen, though I heard a forecaster say, yesterday, he saw no break in the cold pattern. Speaking of grass, Ben is looking to mow some yards this summer, if you are interested in his service.

Yesterday was a little different. I tried to carve out some time yesterday morning to do a little more reading than usual. It is for things I'm working on for a little later on in the spring. I enjoyed it. I also spent some time working my way up and down the hall at Mitchell Manor. I know 3-4 people who are all located pretty close to one another.

Today is sermon prep day. First I need to go run. It's 20 degrees, which is ok. The wind is a bit brisk, but I can't do anything about it. When I line up on the beach at Panama City on November 1st, I will be glad I ran this morning. And tonight I will get in the pool, and I will be glad about that too. Self-talk is always good. ha ha

Rebecca and her friend who is a boy are coming home this evening. I am really looking forward to seeing my little girl. It's hard to believe, but I think she is more excited about seeing Cora Jane than she is about seeing me. Oh well, I will take what I can get.

Alright, let's make this thing move...

No comments: