Thursday, February 06, 2014

Thursday

Getting all Gangsta
Good morning! I hope you are well on this new day. Hey, it's a balmy 14 out there. It's funny how quickly we adjust our thinking to things (insert sermon here).  I really do think 14 is not that cold after experiencing all the sub zero stuff. I am thinking mostly from a running standpoint. Fourteen is manageable; not too bad really.

My computer restoration is still a work in progress. Maybe this morning will see it to completion? I feel a bit out of sync without all of it back together. You don't want to hear about the obstacles that have been in the way of this task. Perseverance.

This has been an unusual week in some ways. We've missed school yesterday and today. A  lot of my life, for good or ill, is tied to the rhythm (I can never spell that word right the first time) of the schools. I hope they go tomorrow. Also unusual this week was a huge bread offer.

The director of the Salvation Army called me Monday evening and asked if I/we wanted some bread, a lot of bread. I said yes, so Tuesday I went with the church van and picked up around 30 racks of bread. That is a lot. I talked to our food pantry director, wondering if we could use that much. We agreed to share it with some others. We got a bunch, and then I took the rest to another pantry in town.

I've run everyday this week so far. Yesterday's run was a little challenging, and today's may be the same. Sadly, I'm knocked out of swimming again, due to the school cancellation. I am eager to get back in the pool and work on the stuff I learned over the weekend, moving from frustration to implementation. Patience. I know.

Today is Sunday prep day, plus I have a meeting or two along the way. In addition to running, I hope to ride for a while, probably this evening. We are less than 9 months from Ironman Florida. In some ways that seems like a long way off, but in other ways it makes me almost feel a sense of urgency. Almost.

Better get moving... 

No comments: