Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday

She's the studious type
Good morning, Monday, how are you? Cold. I've enjoyed the winter, and now I am ready to enjoy spring. It's coming. We need to be patient.

The weekend was so nice, especially Saturday. I took advantage of it and did an early run, before a nice breakfast at church, and then after the breakfast did a nice 30 mile ride with Scott and Bill. I ended up with more than 100 bike miles for the week, which is the most for this year. I need to keep ramping those up, because I plan to do at least one 100 mile ride the week of spring break, March 23rd.

I hope to do one at the first of the week and then another at the end. Kedra and I are celebrating 30 years of marriage this year by heading to the Gulf of Mexico. We'll spend some time with her parents at the beginning and end of the break. I hope to ride 100 miles on the Natchez Trace trail on our way to Alabama and then do another 100 while near the water, which will be a lot like the 112 miles of the Ironman ride.

On Saturday I came home to Cora Jane. Kedra and I got to babysit her for several hours while Lester and Maddie were celebrating Maddie's birthday. We had a great time, and Cora did great. Luke and Lydia were here for the weekend, so they got to help out too.

Luke came home to join his brothers in a big tractor restoration project. My dad has an old John Deere 530. The boys starting tearing it down on Saturday with a view of getting it looking good. They got along really well and now have a part lists.

This week is going to be another good and busy one. I got a good night's sleep last night, nearly 8 hours, so I should pretty good today. That's a good thing, because it is a long day, ending in the pool at 8 tonight. Before then: places to go and people to see. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: