Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Computer Trouble

Little Cora in a Big Chair
Good morning! I am still alive. The problem is my main computer is very very sick and may not make it. I have an old net-book but it is slow and outdated, so much of my regular work is taking a lot longer. My daily thoughts have been on hold for that reason. This blog too, but I thought I'd better check in.

I hope you are doing well during all this cold weather. I find that I'm adapting pretty well. I ran yesterday and it didn't seem too bad. You know you are in the midst of a cold winter when 12 degrees feels pretty good. I am hearing rumblings of a really big storm next week. There is plenty of time for that to change.

Little Cora is as sweet as ever. If you are looking for me, then go find her little finger. There I am firmly wrapped. ha ha. She is two weeks old now. It's hard to imagine life without her. Kedra and I are trying to show restraint and not show up at Lester and Maddie's all the time. When we moved our bed over there and they frowned, we knew we had gone too far. Just kidding. They have handled the constant company really well.

Endurance life is moving along pretty well. I am maintaining well in all three disciplines, and that's exactly what I want to do. I am going to a swim workshop on Saturday, which I think will help me a lot. It comes at a good time, a time when I am gaining a good deal of confidence in the pool, along with more comfort in the water. It has been a most remarkable journey.

Church is going well, even though the weather has been a challenge. Things are busy with new ideas and creativity. The year is off to a good start, which is very encouraging.

Thanks for checking in. I will try to be a bit more regular here. I have found a way to make this old machine work by using a different operating system. My usual way was not working.

No comments: