Thursday, November 21, 2013

Precious Memories



The other day I was going through some books and found this sweet little note from my sweet little girl. Still so sweet, she’s 20 now, so this note is several years old. It warmed, and continues to warm, my heart.

I have little notes and cards from all my children, scattered in books and in drawers. I love bumping into them from time to time, even though they sometimes make my eyes mist a bit.

Soon we will decorate our Christmas tree. On it will be crudely crafted ornaments made by little loving hands. The cards and crafts transport us back to days of loving and adoring innocence.

Good days from back then provide precious memories now. It reminds me of that old hymn.


Precious memories, how they linger,

How they ever flood my soul;

In the stillness of the midnight,

Precious, sacred scenes unfold.


As I travel on life's pathway,

Know not what the years may hold;

As I ponder, hope grows fonder,

Precious memories flood my soul.

My hope is to live forever in the presence of a God who highly values childlike innocence and love.

No comments: