Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday a.m.


Good morning! That was a short night and sleep was not friendly to me, but I am ready to go again. I am loaded with coffee. That should help for a while. Poor old Tommy.

Yesterday I ended up in Jasper for a while. It's a nice place. I had a good lunch at the Schnitzelbank with a good friend. We talked about life in lots of different ways. Then I made my way to the hospital to see a dear lady who had her hip replaced. It was a nice drive home with a stop in Shoals to see a lady struggling with cancer and the loss of her husband.

Before I took off yesterday, I had some good time with Isaiah and especially old Uzziah, the king who died, leaving everyone wondering about the future. It was in that context that Isaiah sees the Lord in the Temple (Isaiah 6).

I love this from Dallas Willard. He is talking about Uzziah and then Isaiah:

Vision of God secures humility. Seeing God for who He is enables us to see ourselves for who we are. This makes us bold, for we see clearly what great good and evil are at issue, and we see that it is not up to us to accomplish it, but up to God—who is more than able. We are delivered from pretending, from being presumptuous about ourselves, and from pushing as if the outcome depended upon us. We persist without frustration, and we practice calm and joyful noncompliance with evil of any kind.
 

Did I tell you I'm getting new glasses?

No comments: