Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Wednesday


Good morning! It's Wednesday. Wednesday, not Tuesday. I was confused a couple times yesterday. So how are you?

It is nice to wake up to temps in the 50s! Yesterday was so nice, and today is going to be super-pleasant also. I got an early morning 5 miler in yesterday and will likely do the same this morning.

Yesterday was fairly productively, even if measured in different ways. It was a good mixture of things. Can you believe this? I had a good experience at the BMV, getting the paperwork for the ambulance all completed. Actually, I have had pretty good experiences there for a long time. They have made some good and significant changes. Change is possible.

Last night we rode. It was a nice, pleasant ride. We had 6-7 riders, which is less than usual. We are moving toward the end, I think. Hopefully we can squeeze a few more weeks out of the daylight. Last night there were lots of buggies. We theorized they were heading to support the family of the young man killed on Monday.

There was lots of horse exhaust on the road last night. It was fresh. And it was challenge to navigate in a paceline. Also, our line passed two buggies last night. I'm not sure what the buggy riders thought about that. I was mostly concerned about the horses. They behaved well, at least while we passed. Big city riders have no idea what it's like to ride here. It's great!

I'm taking Ben to the doctor today. We hope we can get a different view that will allow him to play football. That's his passion. Today will require quite a bit of patience, I think. I'm hoping and praying for a good outcome.

Guess I should go. I'm a day behind and have an extra thing or two to do this week. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: