Thursday, September 05, 2013

Thursday a.m.

Isn't she beautiful?
Good morning! What do you think of my little granddaughter? Isn't she beautiful? ha ha Yesterday Lester and Maddie found out that they are having a girl. I knew it would be a boy or a girl. I'm good at figuring out things like that, but somehow knowing which one increases my anticipation and excitement. Around January 15 we will get to see what she looks like. I have suggested Allenenia as a name, but so far there has been no confirmation that's what she'll be called.

I got the news about the gender while I was sitting with Ben in a doctor's office. That visit went really well! They took his cast off, removed the 4 week ban on playing, and generally made Ben (and others) very happy. He has to wear a heavy duty splint for practice and general living, but for games, he gets a game-legal splint that has to be taped in place by a trainer. It was all good news.

There were lots of things going on yesterday. It was a Honduras themed day. Coincidentally, I think, I heard from 2 Hondurans via Facebook. Thank goodness for Google Translate. I also corresponded with Marc a few times, and I communicated with a team member or two. All of it enhanced my excitement about getting to go there in a few weeks. I was thinking of flying back out of San Pedro Sula, but I may go all the way to Ojojona so I can see friends there.

Today is going to be a busy one. I've got a good workout planned, here in a little while. Counseling and prep for Sunday will follow. Later I am driving a cross country bus to Pekin. Should be a good day! I hope yours goes well. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: