Friday, September 06, 2013

Friday


Yep, it's Friday. And it's going to be a fairly active one for me. I need to get ready for Sunday, attend a funeral, and then try get caught up on some things around the house/yard. Then it will be football time! Tonight is homecoming, and Ben is one of the nominees for King or whatever they call it. He is not particularly thrilled by it, since he does not like the public spotlight much.

Yesterday was another busy one. I had several different things going on that kept me hopping most of the day. I got a good start on my sermon, but I didn't get it finished. Hopefully it will all come together this morning.

Speed work was on the schedule yesterday morning. It went pretty well. Training for a 5K and a marathon at the same time is not the best thing. My priority is the marathon, but I am doing some things that will help me have a decent  Persimmon run, hopefully. Today will be a day off. Tomorrow is a 14 miler, followed by a 30 mile ride. Next week I begin a Strava/Mizuno challenge of running 80 miles in 16 days. That will be pushing it just a bit but not too much. It will be a challenge but a doable one. It will give me a nice boost into good marathon training.

I've been working toward a trip to Honduras with the ambulance. Yesterday Warren got new tires and an alignment. Soon the mechanic gets his shot at it. I secured a bed to put in the back for sleeping while not driving. Marc has proposed a rough schedule that includes driving straight from Mitchell to Mexico, via Oklahoma City, crossing into Mexico on a Monday. Tuesday will be Mexico, Wednesday Guatemala, entering into Honduras, and then Thursday we make our way through Honduras.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: