Monday, September 09, 2013

Monday in TN

Good morning from Chattanooga, TN! We are here for a funeral this afternoon. Kedra's cousin died of cancer at 67 years of age. Too young. He was a very good man, which makes it all a little easier. We drove down yesterday afternoon. It took most of 6 hours to get here. We only stopped 1 time.

Since the funeral and the meal following it are not until later in the afternoon, we are going to drive to Nashville this evening and spend the night there with our good friends, the Lavenders. We hope to see Luke and Rebecca for a little while also.

The weekend was good and seemed to go fast. Friday's football game went much better. We were still on the losing end but a win is just around the corner, I think. Ben played well with his taped up thumb. It was a very pleasant evening for football.

Saturday started off with a 14 mile run. A few of us started at 7 and did 6 miles and then looped back around to pick up the 8 o clock group, which consisted of Iron Bill. We then did another 8 with him. It was not particularly fast and I didn't feel great. Everything was just ok, adequate. I'll take it and be thankful.

After doing a few things around the house, I loaded up the bike for a noon ride. Iron Bill, Lester, and I headed out from the Lighthoue to Huck's. There was a pretty decent SW wind, which made going out a little more challenging. We took our time. We came back on the newly renovated highway from Orleans to Mitchell. The super smooth pavement is very nice.

While at Huck's, a woman engaged us in conversation, asking if those bikes outside were ours. I think it might have been the spandex that tipped her off and then lead to this commentary, which had a tone of admiration, "You fancy athletic people!" Finally, someone gets me, gets us!

Alrighty then, it's time to go grab a few miles in the Chattanooga dawn. This could be interesting and it could be multiple laps around the parking lot. I will have to see, once I get out there.

Thanks for stopping by. I may have to skip tomorrow's post. I just wanted you to know that, in case you need to call your counselor or if you need to have the suicide hotline number ready. Yes, I'm that considerate.

No comments: