Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday a.m.

Uh oh! Guess what day it is?
Well, there you are again! Here is Wednesday again. My favorite TV commercial right now is the Geico camel commercial. Not sure why? It always makes me laugh.

Yesterday was wall to wall activity. It started early and finished late. It was productive, no matter what measurement category you use. I saw several people and hopefully provided some help and encouragement along the way. Plus I got some reading and writing completed.

I ended the day in Paoli, driving the junior high football team there for a game. Once there, I found a table, a chair, and an electric outlet. It was go time! For the next 2.5 hours, while enduring some curious looks from passerbys, I was able to get a lot of work done on my sermon for Sunday. This will be helpful since I also have to prepare a wedding ceremony, which I hope to get started today. Plus I am speaking at Spring Mill Park on Sunday morning. Bad scheduling on my part.

My arrival time at home last night was a little before 10. Kedra was busy grading papers when I got home. Her student teaching is going really well. It's hard to believe but she is half way through. She is going to be a great math teacher and hopefully soon. We are hoping she can find a job at the start of the second semester. It will be good for her to have a job again!

Nineteen miles to go for the Mizuno Challenge. Nineteen miles to do today, Thursday, and Friday. That's doable, if my hamstring stays OK. It was OK yesterday morning. I'm hoping my new shoes arrive today.

Ben goes back to the doctor today to see how his thumb is. He's played two games with it taped up. I know it hurts when it gets hit, but Ben doesn't complain about it. I think he will probably have to wear the splint 2 more weeks.

Sounds like I missed a good ride last night! Riding is going to get more challenging as the daylight diminishes and the weather cools. One of my goals for the year was to ride outside in every month. So far so good! October, November, and December are still to come.

OK, let's go do this!

No comments: