Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday a.m.


Good morning! Another beautiful day awaits, another gift from God. Rejoice and be glad in it.

I am thinking about how I am going to end my day today. Knowing how it (likely, probably) ends helps me to back up in my mind to see what I need to do before I get to the day-ending activity. Beginning with the end in mind is a good approach for just about everything. Right? Probably a sermon in there somewhere. I will spare you.

OK, so how does my day end? I know everything could change, but I am planning on driving a bus to Paoli for a cross country meet. It's a big one and a good one. It's going to be a perfect night for it. While I am waiting for it to get going, I will take some things to study, which will help move me toward being prepared for Sunday.

Before I drive today, I have several things I need to get done. Some of them involve driving an ambulance to Honduras. I need to get some documents together for border crossings. I also need to continue working on a detailed list of things to get together and to purchase. Yesterday I bought my airplane ticket. I fly out of San Pedro Sula at 12:29 on Thursday and get back to Indy at 9:30. Not bad.

I really  wish, in some ways, I was going all the way to Ojojona, but that would mean missing Ben's football game. While I would love to see my friends, I do not want to miss any of Ben's football games. Life is full of choices.

The Persimmon 5K is Saturday. I can't say that I am super looking forward to it. I have not trained very well for a 5K, so I will just run it and see what happens. The 80 mile challenge was really good for me, but it left me a little tired. I'm taking it a bit easier this week.

Due to the bus trip I am going to miss the bike ride tonight. That's a shame, because there is going to be a ESE wind, which is perfect for the time trial course. The diminishing daylight is going to be a challenge for further Tuesday night rides. I will miss next week too. I should be somewhere in Mexico next Tuesday.

Hey, I hope your day goes really well! Try to enjoy it.

No comments: