Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday, Monday

Monday, Monday, be so good to me! Please. Hey, I had a busy, busy weekend, so I need a good day today. The first line is a reference to an old song. I'm sure Tim the elder got it. So how are you on this Monday morning? Looks like a wonderful day is ahead of us. Fall has arrived, and it is my favorite time of the year.

I did have a crazy busy weekend, but it was all good. Friday morning I finished up the Mizuno challenge, running 80 miles in 14 days. Due to scheduling issues I did in 2 days less than I had to. It was a good little boost to my marathon training.

Friday around midday I left to go to Terre Haute for the wedding rehearsal. It started at 3 and finished around 4:30. Now I had the challenge of getting to Crawford County for Ben's football game at 7 p.m. I knew it was about a 3 hour drive. I only missed a couple of minutes, but I was able to listen to those on the radio. I knew it was going to be a good night when I walked in. Right as I could see the game, Ben put a big hit on a kid. He went on to have a good game. The highlight was probably an interception that he returned about 30 yard. Mitchell won, which made the soaking rain tolerable.

It was nice driving home with Kedra, instead of driving the bus like I usually do. We got home and waited for Ben. Then, for me anyway, it was off to bed. I knew I had a short night of sleep followed by a longish bike ride.

We got up and registered for the 62 mile ride. Rand, Scott, James and I took off around 7:40. We had a very enjoyable ride in cool and windy conditions. The ride was well-organized and the course was really good. It was a good time with good guys. Yesterday between church and the Vesper Service, Jim, Bill, Scott, Dan, and I rode another nice 21 miler. Beautiful day!

After the ride and a little time at home, it was time to go to Terre Haute for the wedding. All that went well, and Kedra and I made it back home a little after 9. While at the wedding, we both had missed calls from our second son, Luke. Luke had some news to share. He asked Lydia to marry him, and she said Yes. We are very happy about this! So 2014 we see us add 2 more females to our family. Lester and Maddie will bring us Cora Jane, and Luke will bring us Lydia. I am so very happy about both.

This week I will be working hard to get ready to drive the ambulance to Honduras. We plan to leave right after church on Sunday, returning late Thursday p.m. Keep praying!

No comments: