Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday

Well, hello there! Friday. Wow, I think that picture is starting to annoy me. Oh well, I'm going to stick with it. Friday is football day for us. It has been since Lester was a freshman in high school, which was quite a while ago. We took a bit of a break between his graduation and Ben getting to high school. From mid-August until late October, football is the Friday focus.

The weather may be a factor in tonight's game. I just hope they don't cancel or postpone. Ben said it would be at 4 p.m. tomorrow, if that happens, which means I could not attend. It seems we as a culture have become so "soft" about weather. I know the fears about lightning, but sometimes .  .  . Oh well, we'll see.

This morning is going to be busy. I need to finish up my
Sunday stuff, do a few others things, and then head to Terre Haute about midday. The rehearsal is at 3 p.m., which still amazes me. The drive from TH to Crawford County seems to be about 3 hours no matter what route you take. I will go south and hit I 64, heading east. It is more miles but less time. I hope to get there during the first quarter.

After a short night, I hope to ride a metric century in the morning. That's 62 miles for you non-metric types - ha ha. It is a ride that benefits Nick Mullis' work and should be fun. It's nice to have support out on the course. Scott B and I plan to be in saddle moving at 7.30. Come join us! It starts at Mitchell High School. We will register a little after 7 a.m.

After the ride, I will get home and change clothes and take off for the wedding. I hope Kedra can drive so I can take a nap and do my final prep. The wedding is at 5, with a reception following immediately. It is still going to be a fairly late night. Sunday morning will come quickly. I am speaking at Spring Mill Park at 8:30 on Sunday, followed by my normal activities. Poor planning, I know.

OK, I hope you have a great weekend! I should see you Monday.

No comments: