Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday a.m.

Monday Funday, I like it. I'm one of the rare birds who actually like Mondays. It probably has to do with the fact that Monday is as far from Sunday as you can get. Don't take me wrong, I enjoy my work, but as Sunday approaches I feel increasing pressure to have a quality product to offer (sorry about using those terms). Monday is a little more relaxed than most days. I used to try to take Mondays as a day off, but it seemed like something always came up. Now I try to take Fridays off, but that is always a challenge too. I'm not complaining, in case you are wondering.
 
It was a good weekend. Friday football was pretty disappointing. Ben played really well, but we lost. Hopefully this week will be the week we see a victory. Saturday I ran 15, but the last few miles I was fighting a tight hamstring that was creeping up into my glute. It was a real pain in the rear. I finished but it got ugly. I decided not to ride Saturday afternoon.
 
Yesterday was beautiful! Seven of us took off on a bike ride mid-afternoon. It was a very relaxed ride for the most part. On the way back we had a nice southerly wind. That coupled with Strava segments, meant we came back a lot faster than we went out. It was very enjoyable.
 
This week and next are going to be very busy. Two weeks from yesterday, Lester and I plan to take off in the ambulance, right after church. We will drive to Oklahoma City and pick up Marc T. We will drive straight through to Mexico, dropping Lester in Dallas to fly back home. I hope to return late Thursday night on October 3rd, flying out of San Pedro Sula, which is in northern Honduras. I would like to go all the way to Ojojona, but that would mean missing Ben's football game on Friday.
 
Between now and the ambulance trip there is a lot to do. There is some prep for the trip of course, but there are other activities as well. I have a wedding in Terra Haute this weekend, so I will go over there on Friday for the rehearsal. Fortunately (and almost unbelievably) the rehearsal is at 3 in the afternoon. This means I can drive from the rehearsal to Crawford County for Ben's football game. According to Google Maps it is nearly a 3 hour drive. I should make it at least early in the game. I hate to miss any of Ben's senior year but am thankful that I am not missing the whole game.
 
Also in the next 2 weeks we have all the Persimmon Festival activities. I am doing the 62 mile bike ride Saturday morning, along with at least Scott B. Rebecca and Luke are coming home for the parade weekend and bringing a bunch of friends. It's going to be a busy but fun couple of weeks. I am looking forward to it.
 
Also on the schedule is to finish the Mizuno Mt. Fuji Challenge. I need 32 miles to finish. With the bike ride on Saturday, I am going to need to get those 32 in before then. I hope my hamstring is ok with this.
 
I hope you are doing well! Thanks for coming by.

No comments: