Thursday, August 15, 2013

Used to live for this day

Back in the day, way back in the day, I used to live for this day. August 15. August 15 was marked on my calendar, and it was not unusual for me to back up some 300 days or so and start a countdown. Why? Squirrel season. I used to love to hunt squirrels. I have totally lost that desire now, but I still remember what happens on August 15.

Thinking of this reminded me of something that happened a couple of years ago. I am referring to THIS.

Today has been a busy and unusual day. I helped 2 people who are moving. Moving is an interesting thing. It is a difficult thing when you don't want to do it.

I had a really good 7 mile run this morning. I wore a long sleeve shirt and gloves. Yes, it was that cool at 7:15. I shed the gloves a couple of miles in, but they sure felt good for a little while.

This weekend is going to be busy, as is tomorrow. I am smoking brisket for Ben's 18th birthday party. 18?? Wow, how did that happen? I also have a lot of work to do for Sunday. Saturday I have a pre-marital counseling session with a couple, plus I need to run long and ride medium.

Thanks for coming by. See you Monday.

No comments: