Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday afternoon

So... a few have been asking me if I was going to blog again. Yes. It's time to start the (nearly) daily discipline of sharing what the general population would say is my pretty ordinary, boring life. Hey, what do they know? Well, they could be right, you know. That's alright. Writing something about the pretty mundane things I do is helpful to me.

I do believe every life is important and that the things we do do matter. I have a consciousness of that regarding just about everything I do. Sometimes I think I think too much about it. But I am learning and continue to learn a lot about life and about myself. Some of it is fun. I will be 55 in a few weeks and feel like I have so much to learn.

Since I came back from Honduras I have stayed pretty busy with several different things. A routine is returning, which is good. Ben started his senior year, and Kedra is doing her student teaching this fall. She will be a licensed math teacher in a few weeks. We are hoping and praying that she gets a teaching job in January. Presently the high school is holding her old job, which she can resume in November.

My endurance athletic work continues to be an important part of my life. I enjoy it, and it is therapeutic. It is a nice release and a great and healthy distraction from the pressures of constant ministry. I am running and riding pretty well, and my swimming is improving a lot.

OK, there. I started. Thanks for the encouragement and for stopping by.

No comments: