Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday morning

Ben Burris # 33

Good morning! It is going to take me a little while to get back into the swing of doing this. Because of my love for you I am going to be disciplined and just do it. ha ha  I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was a little busier than usual.

The highlights of the weekend mostly involve Ben. He had his 18th birthday on Saturday. It is hard to believe he is that old. He's a good young man and I am proud of him. He celebrated his birthday by having a good scrimmage against BNL Friday night. He plays middle linebacker and wide receiver, a weird combo, I think. He had several good tackles and caught a pass. It's going to be fun watching him in his senior year.

We had a big gathering Saturday night for his birthday. I smoked a brisket and a couple of chickens, so it was a meaty gathering, which are the best kind. His party topped off a busy day. I ran early Saturday morning, followed by an event a church, followed by a counseling session with a couple, followed by a fun bike ride in the afternoon with 3 amigos. I needed a nap but didn't have time for one. That was the only regret about Saturday.

Yesterday afternoon I had another session of open water swimming. That went pretty well. I am making good progress I think. Ironman Florida in November 0f 2014 is still very much on the table and on the calendar. You have 2 hours and 20 minutes to swim 2.4 miles. My pace is well under 2 hours now. Of course that is on a shorter distance, but I will get faster and stronger over the next year. That's the plan anyway.

This is going to be a very busy week. On top of the usual I am going to have a funeral in Shoals and I need to smoke 70 pounds of pork for a dinner on Sunday night. OK, I think I better get busy! Thanks for coming by.

No comments: