Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday a.m.

If your car radio quits working...
Good morning! I hope you are doing well on this good day. It's warming up! That's fine with me. I want to feel a little bit of summer, and really we had not had much until now. Fall with follow.

Yesterday was a pretty busy day. Just lots and lots of little things. They all add up and take a lot of time. It was all good and had the feel of productivity when it was all over. I started the day with a 5 mile run. I could tell the humidity was on the rise. Today's run is going to be more telling, I'm sure. It's already in the low 70s with a pretty healthy dew point.

Today I have several things going on, but I have to be ready to drop them and change activities, probably this morning. Why? We have a semi coming to load out bales of clothes. The clothes that we cannot or will not sell at the store are baled into 1000 pound bales. Once we get around 40 of them, we make arrangements to sell them. Who knew there was a market for this?

The bales are shipped to Canada. There, I think, they are opened, and if I understand it correctly, sorted, with some going to developing countries and some being used for paper production. Either way, it feels good to get additional revenue from things we could not sell. We also sell containers of shoes, belts, and purses. Again, these are ones that did not sell in the store or that we won't sell for various reasons.

Tonight is our bike ride from church. I don't think I can make all of it. I'm scheduled to drive a cross country bus right after school. (The semi should be gone by then.) I will not be back for the 5:45 departure, but I might make it back in time to somehow join the ride in progress. We'll see. I don't want to miss all of it.

Last night I sat down and mapped out my training plan for The Rocket City Marathon. I have run this one several times but it has been a while. Kedra's parents live right off the course, so I train on the course a lot, when in Huntsville. I hope to re-qualify for the Boston Marathon.

OK, here we go! Thanks for coming by.

No comments: