Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thursday a.m.

Good morning! Here we go again. Another day. Another chance to live well. I wonder what will happen today? I think I know, but there will likely be some surprises along the way.  I'm pretty sure it is going to be hot today, and that's OK. It is August. 

Today is the day I hope to get mostly ready for Sunday. The way it looks right now I should have a pretty good run at it. I don't have too much else scheduled. The question now is how focused I can get.

Yesterday morning I cranked out another 5 miles, and this morning I will do some more. If my hamstring will behave, I plan to do some speed work. One of my goals this year is to run the Persimmon 5 K in less than 20 minutes. That is probably the most ambitious goal I have had in a long time, and I am still waiting on a training breakthrough.  The race is 4 weeks from Saturday. Lester is running a marathon that day in Columbus, trying to qualify for Boston. I hope to run my race and then quickly drive to Columbus to watch him finish.

Tomorrow we pick up another ambulance for Honduras. St. Vincent Dunn is donating an old one to us. IU Health gave us one a couple of years ago. The one we get tomorrow will be put in use in the little village of Ojojona. This is where our mission house is. It's a neat little village with a little hospital.

Once we get the ambulance, we will have it thoroughly checked out by a local mechanic. We also have to get it classified as a truck by removing the word ambulance from it. There are a few paper work hurdles to jump over but they are doable. Then we hope to drive it to Honduras.

Here we go!

No comments: