Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday a.m.

Good morning! What day is it? The day so many live for, I suppose. I am looking forward to today. I need to finish up some things in preparation for Sunday, and then, late morning, we are going to pick up our ambulance for Honduras. We'll get it parked and then begin the process of jumping through hoops with the BMV. It should not be too bad.

I did some speed work yesterday morning, and Mr. Hamstring behaved acceptably. He complained some but not enough to change anything. Mr. Humidity had a much louder voice of protest. I ignored him also, so he hosed me to the dripping point.

Last night I drove the soccer bus to Silver Creek, which is located in Sellersburg. It was hot. Once we arrived, I began looking for a cool place to plug in my computer and work. I tried getting in the school but it was locked. I looked around and across the road was a pizza place. Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner.

Why did the bus driving preacher cross the road? To get pizza and work on a sermon, of course. It all worked out pretty well. I got back in time to watch the second half of the soccer match (or is it game?) It all ended and we got home around 9:15. It was a long but productive evening.

Tomorrow on the endurance calendar are a long run at 7 and then a bike ride late morning or midday. Probably 10 and 30 miles. Have a great Labor Day weekend!

No comments: