Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Tuesday a.m.


Good morning! What a beautiful morning! 50s! I hope you are enjoy life, focusing on the good things that surround you. I've had a couple of cups of Costa Rican coffee this morning, so I am feeling very fine. Rebecca is home for the summer, and she had an extra bag of coffee that she brought home from her Costa Rican experience last fall. Good stuff!

My supply of Honduran coffee is getting low, so it's a good thing I have a trip planned. I bought several kinds on the last trip and have now identified the brand/kind that I like the best. I will still get several kinds, but this one particular bag will dominate the selection.

Yes, that's Iron Bill hold a 6 foot+ snake. We were rolling along on the Amish Super 2 later in the afternoon yesterday, when we came up on this bad boy (or girl). I pointed it out, and Bill said, "It's dead." We both quickly concluded that his initial assessment was wrong. The next thing I hear is, "I'm going back!" I had to manage an oncoming car, and by the time I looked/turned back, Bill is off his bike wrangling the snake.  Yes, it was an odd, funny sight, but those who know Iron Bill expect this sort of thing.

After holding the reptile for a while and explaining to me various aspects of reptile life, Bill released the beast. It did, as he was catching it, in his words, nick him a little. Fortunately it was a black snake, so we could continue riding without any poison ruining the ride. Dull moments? Never.

Yesterday was a good day. It got kinda crazy yesterday morning. It was one of those "interruptions are my ministry" sort of mornings taken to maximum level. That's all fine. I did get some good things done. Today, hopefully, will be a little quieter. I have a few things that I need to do to prepare for my participation in the conference at the end of the week. I also have a meeting or two today.

This evening is Pace Line time. Hmmm, I am seeing a forecast of winds ESE. ESE on 337 = speedy return ride. Will it be a pace line or a time trial? Either way, it will 37+ total miles of fun, followed by a 3 mile run, followed by a trip to Wendy's for stories.

I hope you have a great day! Thanks for coming by.

No comments: