Monday, June 03, 2013

Monday a.m.

Good morning! I hope you are doing well. I will try do a little better this week about blogging, but I must warn you that I will be out of town some, later on. Summer! It's the wrecker of routines. Some of them need some wrecking, so it's all good. School calendars are shortening summer all the time, it seems.
 
Last week was unusual, and this week will be the same. The main thing this week is the Christian Scholars Conference in Nashville. I leave early Thursday morning. I wrote a chapter for a book in memory of Charles Siburt that is going to be presented on Thursday to his family. A paper regarding the book will be presented by Tim Sensing on Friday regarding the book, and then I am on a panel to discuss the work on Saturday.
 
The scholarly world is an interesting place. I lived in it for several years and try to stay in touch with it, but it is not favorite place. I'm not totally comfortable there. I think it is an important world, and my goal is to learn from it and try bring practical things from it to the place where most of us live.
 
My Ironman training is moving along. Ironman Florida 2014 is a long way off, but it is going to take me a long time to get ready. My running and riding are going along pretty well. Swimming? That, too, is coming along. I've been in the lake the last 2 Sunday afternoons, jumping in between activities. While I am slow, I am doing what was nearly unimaginable a year ago. My confidence is building. An old dog can learn new tricks. If I can swim, then anybody can do just about anything!

Our Honduras trip is rapidly approaching. I think we are about as organized for this one as we have ever been. We have an interesting, diverse group of people comprising our team. I am very excited about our team and our plans. July 7-17.

OK, I need to get going... Thanks for coming by.

No comments: